CDS Foundation News
CDS Foundation Dental Clinic issues urgent call for volunteers
As a member of the Chicago Dental Society, you have the opportunity to make a real difference in someone’s life by volunteering a few hours at the CDS Foundation Clinic in Wheaton.
The COVID-19 pandemic has most profoundly affected the most vulnerable in our community, and they need our help.
Due to the stay-at-home order, our clinic was closed from mid-March to June 1. To stay safe, our patient visits had to be postponed.
Now that we have reopened, there is more demand than ever for our services as postponed patients return. Added to that are the new patients looking to us for help because they lost their jobs or even their homes during the COVID-19 crisis.
- We know you’re busy reopening your dental practice, so we make it as easy as possible to volunteer.
- We follow Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS) safety guidelines and provide appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) so that volunteers and patients feel safe at the clinic.
- Choose your own schedule. Volunteer for one morning or afternoon per year, or once a month; whatever works for you. We won’t bother you with incessant calls and emails.
- Volunteers focus on dentistry while working at the clinic because our staff pre-screens patients and schedules appointments in advance.
- Our chairside assistant enables volunteer dentists to walk in, practice dentistry and feel good about the care they have delivered.
Our volunteer dentists, hygienists and assistants alleviate pain and restore oral health through exams, prophylaxis, intraoral and panoramic X-rays, basic restorations and carefully evaluated extractions. In some cases, volunteer oral surgeons and other specialists are called upon to provide more extensive treatment.
With so many people in need in our community right now, we encourage you to use your professional skills and talents to make a difference. Imagine how many smiles we could heal and lives we could change if every member volunteered just one day a year!