State and National Organizations
CDS has a tripartite relationship with Illinois State Dental Society and the American Dental Society. CDS is considered a component society of both these organizations.
Chicago Medical Society
OSHA requires annual training for all healthcare workers with potential occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Attend the 2-hour training course, update your exposure control plan and satisfy most of your yearly OSHA regulations. All workshops are taught by specialists in exposure control. The course is designed for clinicians and their staff. At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Implement a training program for healthcare employees that may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens.
- Identify appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Develop an emergency response plan.
- Create a written exposure control plan for healthcare workers assigned as first-aid providers.
- Develop a strategy to prevent the spread of pandemic flu within their practice.
Other dental organizations
CDS has reciprocal agreements with several other dental organizations and tradeshows. These agreements allow CDS to send delegates to other dental meetings, encouraging global networking to promote our annual Midwinter Meeting.