Vaccine Provider Information
Have you finished the Just-in-Time training course?
Be sure to register with Illinois Helps, a statewide site that connects local groups organizing mass vaccination efforts with available volunteers.
Click on your local health department as well as the Medical Reserve Corps in the drop-down list.
Just-In-Time 1-hour COVID-19 Immunization Training is available!
After extreme demand of the course, ISDS worked with its online continuing education vendor (CE21) to re-release the course in a format that will accommodate this high level of interest.
The old course containing slides on a timer has been deactivated and a new video course has been created.
- If you have already registered for the timer course, then the video course has been replaced in your account.
- If you have not yet registered for the course, please Register now.
- To access the course for FREE, please enter the discount code "video" at checkout.
This video is approximately 50 minutes. Each slide is set to display for 47 seconds before it will automatically advance. There is no narration or audio. There are two attendance checks within the video at approximately minute 15 and minute 43.
The links in this video are not clickable. To access the links, please click the handout tab at the top right of your screen. We recommend viewing the handout and links after you have watched this video.
The certificate is only accessible after watching the video, marking the two attendance checks within the video complete, and then passing the quiz. The quiz and certificate can be accessed from your CE21 account page.
The course is housed on https://isds.ce21.com/ This is the same site that ISDS utilizes to offer its sexual harassment and safe opioid prescribing courses. If you have taken either of those courses, then you already have an account with CE21.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- The course takes approximately 1 hour total, consisting of a 50-minute video, and 10 quiz questions expected to take approximately 10 minutes.
- You cannot fast forward the video, but you can rewind. You can stop the video if needed, and resume at a later time.
IFDPR invokes emergency rules to allow 1-hour training so dentists can administer COVID-19 vaccine at mass vaccination sites. Read the requirements issued by the department.
Questions about administering the vaccine?
The Illinois State Dental Society has compiled a talking points memorandum that addresses many of the questions members may have about dentists administering the COVID-19 vaccine.