A Call for Applications: Seeking Director of Scientific Programs
The director of scientific programs is responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all modes (in-person, digital, asynchronous) of high quality educational and scientific programs and continuing education programs that generate net revenue. This includes clinician/speaker selection and contracting for meetings, webinars, podcasts, workshops and the Midwinter Meeting. Must be responsive to the educational and/or licensure needs of the dental team to achieve strategic priorities and financial objectives.
The individual must work closely with officers and volunteer Midwinter Meeting advisory committees, and other committees as assigned, and should also:
- be a team player with CDS staff to contribute to a cooperative work environment
- establish effective working relationships with clinicians and vendors
- work effectively with local dental school leadership, faculty, and students
- function as staff liaison to the Academic Chapter
- be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- meet deadlines
- competent in budget preparation and recordkeeping
- proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- enthusiastic and positive attitude
Limited travel is required as authorized by the Executive Director. Advanced college education and a minimum of five years of experience required.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits. Position reports to the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director.
Send confidential letter of introduction and résumé to:
Chicago Dental Society
Randall B. Grove, Executive Director
401 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 200
Chicago, IL 60611-5585