CDS Seeks New Editor
A Call for Applications
Position: Editor, Chicago Dental Society
The President of the Chicago Dental Society, with the approval of the Board of Directors shall annually appoint a member of the Chicago Dental Society as Editor of the official publication, the CDS Review. With the passing of long-time editor, Dr. Walter F. Lamacki, a search for a new editor has begun.
The Editor serves as an ex-officio member of the Board, attending all scheduled Board meetings and events. Candidates must be a member in good standing of the Chicago Dental Society, not be an active member of any dental political entity, and meet as many of the following criteria as possible:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in clinical dental practice, research, or education.
- Recognition in the city or state dental education/research community.
- Publication experience in the form of journals, magazines, or tabloids.
- Service as an editor or a member of an editorial board of a journal.
- Knowledge of organized dentistry, through personal experience at the local or state level.
- Awareness of the issues facing the dental profession.
- Willingness to communicate directly and interact with the professional staff of the Publications and Communications Departments of the Chicago Dental Society.
- Be responsible for the CDS Review, the official website (www.cds.org) and Midwinter Meeting publications.
Dentists interested this position should send their letter of interest and resume/curriculum vitae to:
Dr. Randall B. Grove
Chicago Dental Society
401 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 200
Chicago, IL 60611
Application submissions requested by Oct. 31, 2021, with applications reviewed by an appointed search committee of the Board of Directors.