Submit your nomination for the Loren J. Feldner Leadership Award
On recommendation from the CDS Committee of Ethics and Special Issues, the CDS Board of Directors established the Loren J. Feldner Leadership Award in memory of our beloved colleague.
Dr. Loren Feldner’s life – not only his dental life – but also his personal life – defined what a leader is and should be.
The following description of leadership and leadership traits will be used as the criteria when nominating a candidate for this award:
- Leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act toward achieving a common objective.
- A leader is someone who others look to, learn from and thrive with.
- A leader is proactive rather than reactive.
- A leader is someone who is visionary, confident, charismatic and inspirational.
- One of Loren’s favorite quotes helps to define this: “If you’re not at the table, you’ll be on the plate.”
The Loren J. Feldner Leadership Award will be presented annually at the CDS Installation of Officers to a member-dentist or a non-dentist who possesses the ethics, leadership, passion and spirit that Loren brought to the dental profession, his patients, organized dentistry and the dental community at large.
The award will feature an engraved statue and a $500 donation in 2021 to the Dental Lifeline Network Heroes Challenge Fund donated in the recipient's name in honor of Dr. Loren Feldner.
It will be presented by the presiding CDS President and the Chair of the Ethics and Special Issues Committee.
We are now accepting nominations
Email your nomination to Lennoree Cleary.
Be sure to include the nominee's name in the subject line of your email.
Submissions must be received no later than Sept. 17, 2021.
nominations must include the following:
- Nominee's full name, title and credentials
- Nominee's mailing address, phone number and email address
- Nominator's full name, title and organization affiliation (if applicable)
- Nominator's mailing address, phone number and email address (you will be contacted via email)
- Please describe in detail why this individual should receive the Loren J. Feldner Leadership Award