Keep moving forward
Preparing and planning will help to reduce a sense of helplessness and panic around the response to the COVID-19 emergency. It will also go a long way toward providing success and efficiency when the situation begins to recover.
CDS is working to bring you additional information and resources in the coming days to guide you through the next few weeks. We urge you to email us at [email protected] with questions you'd like answered and we will do our best to address them.
Please keep in mind that information is changing hourly and daily. CDS will update its website by 9 a.m. so you have the most current information to weather this unprecedented challenge to our profession and nation.
Times are Central Time Zone
- Calculate the Cash Burn Rate of Your Dental Practice and Extend the Number of Days You Have Money Left in the COVID-19 Crisis (11 a.m., Friday, April 10)
- “Four Ways to Stay Healthy During Crisis“ at 1 p.m. Thursday, April 9
- SBA Economic Relief Opportunities for Dental Practices: What This Means for You (Due to the evolving nature of the details around Small Business Administration loans, this webinar will be rescheduled for a later date. The ADA will be sending out cancellations to all those who have registered)
- COVID-19 Infection Control Protocols and Procedures (originally broadcast March 20)
- 19 Ways to Defeat the Pandemic: What you can do now and when you are back to work (originally broadcast March 31, 2020)
- What’s in the Cares Act (originally broadcast March 27, 2020)
- Fighting Back against COVID-19 (originally broadcast March 26, 2020)
- How to Keep the Lights On in an Economic Downturn (originally broadcast March 25, 2020)
- Stay Strong and Determined: CDS President Terri Tiersky
- Illinois reports a total of 13,549 COVID-19 cases, including 380 deaths, in 77 counties
- How many adults are at risk of serious illness if infected with coronavirus?
- SBA clarifies rule: Dentists can apply for both EIDL and PPP loans
- Overcoming fear and the battle in our brain
- Inform yourself against fake federal relief checks and other scams
- State emergency loan funds are available to small businesses outside of Chicago
- IRS answers questions on Employee Retention Credit
- ISDS: Dentists need to keep patients informed during crisis
- Dr. Roger Levin focuses on paving the road to recovery
- The ADA has a FAQ on business questions
- Illinois urges creditors to ease payment terms for borrowers
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
breakdown on all federal programs and aid for small business
- SBA has guide to loans for small business owners
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions & Answers | U.S. Department of Labor
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace | U.S. Department of Labor
- SBA loans
- Guidance on pay, benefits and employee questions on Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- What if a staffer/patient tests positive? and Infection control
- Unscrupulous actors have already moved in with scams during this chaotic and vulnerable time. See the warning from the ADA.
- OSHA has developed guidance to help identify risk levels in workplace settings in response to COVID-19
Students/New Dentists resources
- Are you graduating from dental school this spring? Here’s a look ahead
- Temporary relief for student loan borrowers
- FAQ with guidance on student loans amid the COVID-19 crisis
- ASDA Guidance for Students
- ADA urges dentists to heed April 30 postponement recommendation
- ADA has released updated employment law guidance
- Statement on postponement of elective treatments
- ADA's Health Policy Institute is crunching numbers on the economic impact of the pandemic on dental practices
- A breakdown on recommendations and mandates on dental practices state-by-state
- Managing emergency care guidelines offered by the ADA
- COVID-19 Resources for dentists
- ADA has released COVID-19 coding and billing guidance
- Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act from the ADA
- ADA Blog on keeping calm in the coronavirus crisis
- A summary of how the newly-enacted CARES Act will affect dentists
- Guidance on dental emergency, nonemergency care
- Gov. Pritzker extends stay-at-home order to April 30
- ISDS recommends dentists cease all but emergency treatment until the end of April
- Dentists can volunteer to aid in medical emergencies with Illinois Helps
- Recommendations for dental offices
- FAQ on human resources, insurance and financial relief
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Dental Settings
- Interim planning guidance for businesses
- Healthcare providers with potential exposure to COVID-19
- Strategies for optimizing PPE supplies
Chicago Dental Society
- Dr. Terri Tiersky has spearheaded a PPE donation drive to aid first-responders at UIC.
- CDS President Terri Tiersky asks members to close their practices through March 31 – except to dental emergencies – to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- CDS has created a script you can use in your office, on the phone and on your website to explain your response to COVID-19 protocols.