Decontaminate N95 Respirators at No Cost
On April 10, 2020, Battelle was awarded the contract by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) on behalf of the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to decontaminate N95 respirators at no cost – it is free for the users – for the coming months. The service is being offered free of charge by Battelle CCDS in their recently opened Waukegan location. The only cost to healthcare providers is shipping.
The Battelle Critical Care Decontamination System™ is a self-contained, mobile decontamination system that uses vapor phase hydrogen peroxide (VPHP) to decontaminate N95 respirator masks.
- Battelle CCDS™ renders SARS-CoV-2 non-infectious on N95 respirators and enables up to 20 reuses without degrading filter performance to help address the current U.S. PPE shortage.
- Battelle received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for the Battelle CCDS Critical Care Decontamination System™.
- Battelle’s goal is to have decontaminated N95 respirators ready for shipment back to the originating healthcare provider within 72 hours of receipt. Processing and turnaround time will depend on the volume of incoming respirators.
For additional information, please see Battelle’s FAQ page.
Dentists: Sign up for Battelle’s CCDS services.
- Under type of organization, select “Other Healthcare Provider”
- Battelle has teamed up with FedEx to coordinate safe shipping of N95 masks. There is also an option to drop off your N95 masks directly to the location.
- Once you have signed up, a representative from Battelle will contact you via email, usually within 30 minutes to finalize your set up and provide further instructions.
For additional information on the CCDS system, as well as preliminary instructions please see Battelle's CCDS Information & Instructions.