August 2017 Board Actions
On August 14 & 15, 2017 the CDS Board of Directors approved the following actions:
- Approved the 2017 mid-year operating budget as presented.
- To not charge non-member attendees a fee to attend the 2018 Midwinter Meeting Live Patient Demonstration.
- That the rebate for Tier One registration be increased $100 with a cumulative purchase of $100.
- To accept the 2018 proposed operating budget as amended.
- Approved the 2018 Standing and Midwinter Meeting Committee appointments as submitted and amended and provided that dues if not yet paid, must have been paid by the end of August.
- That CDS provide a donation to ISDS of up to $330,191 from the CDS Growth and Development Fund to help facilitate their organization reaching the Reserve Level of 50% threshold of the ISDS operating budget, Further, with this donation CDS would request that the ISDS budget not assume an annual 3% dues increase to maintain a sustainable operating budget and that such Board Policy be rescinded.
- To move forward as a pilot program, funding for registration, coach airfare and hotel expense at a capped cost of $1,150 per dental student to the 2018 ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Days in Washington DC for a total of nine dental students, three from each Illinois school (a cross section of D2, D3, and D4 classes, one time only) and that annual student event in future years will be determined with funding for the pilot program to be taken from the Growth and Development Program.
- To open Academic Chapter membership to all US dental students at zero dues dollars with no participation in the MWM Student Scholarship program.
- To offer a zero dues rate for the first calendar year out of dental school for Associate Members who are new graduates and have joined the tripartite through their component society of the ADA.