Booth Assignment Procedure
Assignment of exhibit space shall be made solely at the discretion of the Chicago Dental Society. Assignments of exhibit space takes into account the number of continuous years of participation at the Midwinter Meeting, the type of space requirements needed by the exhibitor, and when the application to exhibit is received. All applications will be assigned in a fair and equitable manner. Round 1 booth assignments will begin June 10.
Round 2 booth assignments will begin October 1.
The applicant’s stated preference on the application and contract for a specific booth(s) is used as information only to assist CDS in determining the general area(s) in which the exhibitor wants to be located. To aid in the realistic assignment of space, we request that applicants not concentrate all their booth selections in one area of the Exhibit Hall. CDS does not guarantee that it will be able to assign the specific space requested on the application.
Requests for previous booth locations will be considered but cannot be guaranteed. In addition, CDS cannot guarantee that competitors will not be placed next to or near one another. CDS reserves the right to relocate exhibitors should it become necessary for causes beyond its control or advisable in the best judgment of CDS.
Each exhibitor will be contacted to discuss booth space availability. The written confirmation will be emailed the day the verbal agreement for booth space is made. The exhibitor must sign the confirmation and fax or email it back to CDS within 24 hours. If the confirmation is not signed and returned within 24 hours, the application is considered invalid and the space may be offered to another exhibitor.
All cancellations or changes to booth or meeting room space must be made in writing. Cancellations not submitted in writing will not be honored. The following rules apply:
Cancellation of Round 1 space assignments
- For cancellations made on or before Aug. 15, CDS will issue a refund for the booth/meeting room fees less the non-refundable deposit.
- No refunds will be issued for booth/meeting room cancellations made after Sept. 15. Cancellation of Round 2 space assignments
- For cancellations made on or before Sept. 30, CDS will issue a refund for the booth/meeting room fees less the non-refundable deposit.
- No refunds will be issued for booth/meeting room cancellations made after Sept. 30.
Cancellation of Round 2 space assignments
- For cancellations made on applications received in November through February, cancellations made within two weeks of space assignments, CDS will issue a refund for the booth/meeting room fees less the non-refundable deposit.
- No refunds will be issued for booth/meeting room cancellations made after two weeks from the date the space is assigned.
- Exhibitors will not be relocated to any vacated booth space once setup begins at McCormick Place. CDS is unable to make any exceptions.
- All assigned booth space must be completely set up and occupied by 8 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 20 (the first day of the meeting).
- Failure to set up and occupy the assigned space will result in the space automatically reverts to the Chicago Dental Society without obligation on the part of CDS to issue any refund whatsoever to the exhibitor.