Before the Meeting
Application & Payment Policy
As an exhibitor, you must agree to the following:
Do not mail any applications or deposit checks to the CDS headquarters office. This will delay your application process.
Applications: Round 1
CDS will not guarantee that the space requested will be assigned to that applicant. Booth space is assigned an a seniority basis.
Applications for Round 1 space assignments must be filed on the official application found here.
All applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per 10’ x 10’ booth space requested.
No application will be processed without the required deposit, nor will booth space be assigned without submitting the completed official application and deposit. If requesting a meeting room, a non-refundable $1,000 deposit per 10’ x 12’ meeting room must also accompany the application and booth deposit.
Booth space may not be reserved by phone, fax or email.
All international exhibitors must submit the total booth rental fee with their applications, payable in U.S. funds and drawn on a U.S. bank. CDS strongly suggests International exhibitors use credit cards as their method of payment. If sending the booth fee by wire transfer, a $50 bank fee must be included with the booth payment. Contact CDS directly for wire transfer banking details.
CDS may, at its discretion, accept or reject any application.
Round 1 deadline is June 4. After this date, booths will be allocated on a first-applied, first-assigned. Seniority will not be considered.
Applications: Round 2
Posted online Sept. 1. Full payment is due.
Acceptable forms of payment are check, money order, wire transfer, Visa, Mastercard and American Express. CDS does not accept any other major credit card.
Exhibitors who use Visa, Mastercard or American Express must complete the interactive version of the application only available online. All checks submitted with an application must be from the exhibiting company. Third party checks will not be accepted. Applications accompanied by a check issued from a third party (exhibitor-approved contractor or other agency) will be returned/refunded and the application will be considered invalid. The application will not be processed until valid payment is made. To ensure proper credit to your exhibit account, all checks for payment should be made in U.S. funds and drawn on a U.S. bank.
Make checks payable to the Chicago Dental Society
Checks should be mailed with a completed application to:
Chicago Dental Society
Midwinter Meeting Exhibits
P.O. Box 6500
Chicago, IL 60680-6500
If the application is paid for with a credit card, the cardholder must be an employee of the exhibiting company. (Third party credit cards will not be accepted.)
If you use FedEx, UPS or any other express delivery services, please send application and payments to:
Chicago Dental Society
c/o Fifth Third Bank
Attn: Lockbox 6500
1400 Sixteenth St.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Wire transfer information
International exhibitors must submit payment via wire transfer.
Dimensions and rates
All booth spaces are 10’ x 10’
- Inline/Standard booths: $4,300
- Corner booths: $4,800
- Aisle space: $4,000
Booth fee includes:
- Piping and drapery 8’ tall (2.5m) in the rear and 36” tall (91.44 cm) on each side.
- Uniform sign identifying the company name and booth number.
- Company name and product/service classification listing in the online Virtual Exhibit Hall and the on–site Product Locator. • Company name and booth number listing in the digital floor plan, mobile app, Official Program and You–Are–Here locator signs (available only on site), as provided in the exhibiting company’s application.
- Five complimentary exhibitor badges per 10’ x 10’ booth space rented (meeting rooms are not included in badge count).
- Meeting rooms are 10’ x 12’ and are fully carpeted
- Meeting room fee: $4,000
- Meeting rooms are located on the exhibit floor
Aisle space fee is the Inline/Standard booth price of $4,300 per 10' x 10' space. Aisle space may be rented only to those companies that have purchased two islands or peninsulas which are situated across the aisle from each other. Purchased aisle space may be used for decoration (i.e. carpeting, archways), as well as for exhibiting purposes, distribution of materials/literature, direct sales, exhibiting materials or booth furnishings, etc.
A complete rendering must be submitted to CDS for approval.
Island Booth Space Advisory
Exhibitors requesting island space MUST rent the extra space to create the island booth, unless it is a natural island. For example, if the exhibitor requests a 20’ x 30’ island (six booths), a 20’ x 40’ (eight booths) space will be needed to create the island. Unless otherwise instructed by the exhibitor, CDS will automatically carpet the additional two booths with the show aisle carpet, thus creating the island effect. Exhibitors requesting island or peninsula booth configurations must submit a rendering, which includes electrical and plumbing specifications.
All other aisles remain the property of CDS. Exhibitors may not encroach on these aisles for distribution of literature, mascots or any other miscellaneous activity.
Booth Assignment Procedure Assignment of exhibit space shall be made solely at the discretion of the Chicago Dental Society. Assignment of exhibit space takes into account the number of continuous years of participation in the Midwinter Meeting, the type of space requirements needed by the exhibitor, and when the application to exhibit is received. All applications will be assigned in a fair and equitable manner.
The applicant’s stated preference on the application and contract for a specific booth(s) is used as information only to assist CDS in determining the general area(s) in which the exhibitor wants to be located. To aid in the realistic assignment of space, we request that applicants not concentrate all their booth selections in one area of the Exhibit Hall. CDS does not guarantee that it will be able to assign the specific space requested on the application.
Requests for previous booth locations will be considered but cannot be guaranteed. In addition, CDS can not guarantee that competitors will not be placed next to or near one another. CDS reserves the right to relocate exhibitors should it become necessary for causes beyond its control or advisable in the best judgment of CDS.
Each exhibitor will be contacted to discuss booth space availability. The written confirmation will be emailed the day the verbal agreement for booth space is made. The exhibitor must sign the confirmation and fax or email it back to CDS within 24 hours. If the confirmation is not signed and returned within 24 hours, the application is considered invalid and the space may be offered to another exhibitor.
Cancellation Policy All cancellations or changes to booth or meeting room space must be made in writing. Cancellations not submitted in writing will not be honored. The following rules apply:
Cancellation of Round 1 space assignments
- For cancellations made on or before Aug. 15, CDS will issue a refund for the booth/meeting room fees less the non–refundable deposit of $1,000 for each booth/ meeting room cancelled.
- No refunds will be issued for booth/meeting room cancellations made after Aug. 15.
- Cancellation of Round 2 space assignments
- For cancellations made within two weeks from the date of assignment, CDS will issue a refund for the booth/meeting room fees less the non-refundable deposit.
- No refunds will be issued for booth/meeting room cancellations after two weeks from the date of assignment.
All assigned booth space not completely set up and occupied by 8 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 24 (the first day of the meeting), automatically reverts back to the Chicago Dental Society without obligation on the part of CDS to refund whatsoever to the exhibitor.
Exhibitors will not be relocated to any vacated booth space once setup begins at McCormick Place. CDS will make no exceptions. Exhibitor Services Kit
The Exhibitor Services Kit will be available online at CDS.org beginning Nov. 1. This kit includes downloadable literature and forms from our official vendors and is designed to help you plan for your participation in the Midwinter Meeting.
We encourage you to order your services through one of our official vendors and take advantage of the discounted prices they offer.
Official Midwinter Meeting Vendors
Subject to change
- Audiovisual: Freeman AV
- Booth Security: Armageddon Services • Computer Equipment Rental: Freeman AV
- Customs Brokerage: Kuehne + Nagel
- Copying Services: FedEx – Kinkos
- Electrical/Plumbing Contractor: Freeman
- Floral Arrangements: Floral Exhibits
- Food and Beverage: Savor
- General Contractor: Freeman
- Insurance: RainProtection
- Internet and Telecommunications Services: McCormick Place ETS
- Lead Retrieval: Advanced Tradeshow Technology (ATT)
- Photography: Oscar Einzig
- Security Cage Rentals: AMK Systems, Inc.
- Shipping: Freeman Transportation