Oral Health Effects of Tobacco Use & Opioid Awareness
Presented by Larry Williams, DDS, MPH
Lake County Health Department, Grand Room, 3010 Grand Ave., Waukegan.
Did you know?
- Dental providers are often the first to notice health problems in relation to tobacco use.
- Dental providers have the unique opportunity to diagnose and monitor oral health problems in its early stages.
- Patients who smoke are nearly twice as likely to need root canal treatment.
- Tobacco use decreases the effectiveness of treatment for gum disease.
- We will also share resources on local and statewide tobacco cessation.
- Free CE hours are pending.
For more information, please email Jamie Sacramento or call 847.377.8773.