National Children's Dental Health Month
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month. Teach your students about the importance of good oral hygiene with help from the Chicago Dental Society. We provide free dental supplies to qualifying organizations in February to celebrate National Children’s Dental Health Month.
Did you know?
- Tooth decay is the number one chronic illness in children.
- 51 million school hours are lost each year to dental problems.
- Research shows that if a child’s tooth decay goes untreated, it can lead to tooth loss, speech problems and even loss of self-esteem.
Schools and nonprofit organizations only
Qualifying schools and nonprofit organizations, click here to fill out the survey to request dental supplies. The deadline to request supplies is Friday, December 22, 2017.
Requests are honored on a first-come, first-served basis. Supplies are limited. Only one request per school, please. No exceptions. Supplies are provided free of charge to organizations that meet the following criteria:
- You are a school, childcare center or nonprofit serving children.
- You are located in Cook, Lake, or DuPage County.
CDS Member Dental Offices Only
Qualifying CDS member dental offices, click here to fill out the survey to request dental supplies. The deadline to request supplies is Friday, December 22, 2017.
- Donations are limited to current CDS members in Cook, Lake and DuPage Counties only.
- We do not accept requests for supplies over the phone.
- Requests for donations are limited to one per member and are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Download these Oral Health Discussion Guides
These discussion guides are brought to you by CDS and the CDS Communications Committee. They are to help you prepare classroom lessons on oral health by grade level. We hope that you will find these guides very useful as you teach your students during February about the benefits of having a healthy and happy mouth.
- Let's Visit The Dentist (for grades K-3)
- Know Your Mouth (for grades K-3)
- Tooth Fairy (for grades K-3)
- Smile Power (for grades 2-4)
- Teeth Disease Injury (for grades 4-6)
- Brush Away Decay (for grades 4-6)
- Smile Appeal (for grades 5-8)
- Orthodontics (for grades 7-8)
- Teaching Dentistry to Special Needs Children
Looking for dental care in the Chicago metro area?
Find a CDS member dentist near you. The Chicago Dental Society also has a database of clinics and dental services in Cook, Lake and DuPage counties. Use our Find a Dental Clinic online tool to find a dental clinic in your area.
- Coloring pages and activity sheets in English and Spanish from the American Dental Association
- Ideas for classroom presentations from the ADA
- CDS coloring sheets from the Chicago Dental Society
Email Maura Condon or call 312.836.7300.