With all the advancements in dental technology (see our recent post highlighting new products at Midwinter), we’re witnessing an evolving digital age, and that speaks to more than just what’s happening inside the dental studio. Dentists are now embracing digital means to connect with their patients outside of the office.
As part of our 2013 annual member dentist survey, we asked dentists to share their digital habits, as it relates to communicating with patients, and social media activity.
- Dental texts: A third of the dentists surveyed said they communicate with their patients via text. 46 percent said they communicate via email.
- Dentists go social: Over a third of the dentists surveyed said their practice is currently on Facebook, while 55 percent said they have a personal Facebook account.
- Practicing the web: 60 percent of dentists said that their practice has a website.
- Digital calendar: Nearly 20 percent of dentists offer patients the opportunity to schedule an appointment via their practice’s website.
- Electronic payments: 18 percent of dentists allow patients to pay their dental bills online.