CDS announces the schedule of presentations for the September 25 Virtual Reality Meeting. If you have not done so already, be sure to Register today! CDS proudly offers this dynamic online learning experience for your whole dental team. Our event is free and open to all members of the dental team.
SCHEDULE OF PRESENTATIONS
Kirk Behrendt • Bridging a New Reality for Your Future (Practice Management)
Richard Sullivan, DDS • Aspects of Implant Dentistry (sponsored by Nobel Biocare)
11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
Mary Govoni, CDA, RDH, MBA • 10 Things Every Dental Assistant Needs to Know
Doreen Johnson, RDH, MA • Assessing Anesthesia Options for Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy (sponsored by Dentsply Professional)
Anthony Cardoza, DDS • New Advancements in Lasers (sponsored by Technology 4 Medicine)
Sam Weisz, DDS • Social Media Marketing in a Dental Practice (sponsored by Crest Oral B)
1 CE hour per program. You must view each program in its entirety to earn CE credit for that portion of the Virtual Reality Meeting.
INVITE YOUR STAFF
- Attend on the day of the presentation for a chance to WIN PRIZES!
- LEARN in the comfort of your own home or office.
- MEET with exhibitors in our Virtual Exhibit Hall.
- CONNECT with colleagues in our Networking Lounge.
- IT'S FREE for the whole dental team.
- Earn LIVE CE credits when you attend the day of the presentation.
- View sessions on demand at your convenience to earn SELF-STUDY CE credits
The CDS phone lines buzzed this week with news of local events in need of dental volunteers. Consider spending a day with the patients at one of these free clinics:
1) Catholic Charities and the DuPage County Health Department have organized a Back To School event in Villa Park Wednesday, Aug. 7. Both adults and children will be treated at the Odium, beginning at 11 a.m. Volunteers are needed for half-day shifts; all that is needed to volunteer is a copy of a current license, name, email address and phone number, and glove size.
For more information contact the DuPage County Health Department at 630.221.7572
2) The CURE Network is hosting its next free clinic event Saturday, Sept. 7, in McCook. Dental screenings will be done at the Max, beginning at 8:30 a.m., and patients will be shuttled to nearby offices for further care. Also on site, patients may receive vision care and general medical screenings.
Find more information and volunteer at http://www.curenetwork.org/
3) If you plan to be at the ADA Annual Session in New Orleans this fall, make time to participate in the ADA Mission of Mercy Sunday, Nov. 3. Oral health care will be provided to approximately 1,000 local residents on a first-come, first-served basis. Services include basic dental care such as fillings, extractions and cleanings. Limited lab work will also be offered.
The care will be provided by volunteers from around the country in a temporary 100-chair clinic set-up at Mardi Gras World. Find more information at http://ada.org/MOM
4) Closer to home, the CDS Foundation Clinic is always looking for volunteers to treat uninsured patients from Lake, Cook and DuPage counties in its brand new Wheaton facility. Since opening the doors in February, the clinic has welcomed more than 250 patients of record. All care is delivered by volunteer professionals, at no cost to patients.
Learn more by contacting the clinic directly: CDS.Foundation.Clinic@gmail.com or 630.260.8530.
access to care
Thursday, September 12 • 6:30-9 p.m.The Peninsula Chicago Reception Terrace108 E. Superior St., Chicago (one block west of Michigan Avenue)
The CDS New Dentists Committee invites dentists in practice for 10 years or less to network with CDS branch representatives. Enjoy an evening of networking with colleagues on the scenic Reception Terrace of The Peninsula Chicago in the heart of Chicago’s Magnificent Mile.
- Learn how to grow your practice and knowledge through membership in organized dentistry
- Meet with CDS branch representatives
- Find out how you can get involved and become a leader in your profession
Make plans today to attend!
RSVP by September 9. Email Joanne Girardi or call 312.836.7300
In case of inclement weather, the event will be held in the Grand Ballroom.
Have you found a better way to treat tough cases?
Have you developed a new technique you want to share with colleagues?
Do you want to share your insight with others?
CDS seeks local members to present brief lectures for the Windy City Lecture Series during the 150th Midwinter Meeting.
Presentations should be 50 minutes long and may cover a wide variety of subjects.
The Windy City Lecture Series is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, during the 2015 Midwinter Meeting. CDS members who wish to present a Windy City Lecture should submit an
outline of their presentation along with their CV.
ContactChicago Dental SocietyAl Kleszynski, DDS, Director of Scientific Programs401 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 200Chicago, IL 60611-5585Fax: 312.836.7329