We offer high-quality, competitively priced educational programs throughout the year. Whether face-to-face or online, our programs give you the chance to learn and network.
Whether you’re selling a practice, looking for space, or pursuing new opportunities, look no further than the CDS dental classifieds, which receive more than 100,000 online views annually. Ads are also published in the Review, the bimonthly magazine of the society.
Network with your colleagues and
other members of the dental community with the tools and resources in this
Nine convenient branches:
Informing members of the latest issues in dentistry is our mission. While we cover issues of national importance to the profession, we focus on news that affects our region and local communities.
One-hundred and fifty years and we're just getting started! Join us February 26 - 28, 2015, for three days of the best in lectures, hand-on learning and exhibits all conveniently located within Chicago's McCormick Place West!
The CDS Foundation is dedicated to strengthening dental education and improving oral health care by supporting programs in our communities. The foundation is a charitable 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Blue dates indicate one or more events
Join over 4,000CDS members.Stay connected!
Not a member?
Devon Seafood Grill, 39 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago
Drury Lane, 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace
Dentists are the experts when it comes to oral care, but sometimes patients have special requests for their smiles. Prosthetic fangs, gold “grills”, tooth tattoos - these might sound crazy to you, but wait until you hear some other requests.
The Chicago Dental Society surveyed more than 300 members to find out the strangest dental requests they’d ever received from patients. Their answers might shock you!
10) "Can you extract my tooth without anesthesia?"
9) “Please wire my mouth shut to aid in my diet.”
8) “Can you ID this set of dentures left in the bathroom of the bar I work at?”
7) “I will pay you or your hygienist to floss my teeth at my office every day.”
6) “Pull all my teeth, and just give me dentures.”
5) “I just broke off my engagement. Can you prepare my tooth so that I can keep the diamond in it?”
4) “Will you give me local anesthesia in my lips? I’m going in for permanent "lipstick" tattoos on my lips, and would like to avoid the pain.”
3) “May I have an emergency cleaning visit? It’s my high school reunion and I need a bright, white smile to face my old boyfriend.”
2) “Can I keep the teeth you pull out of my mouth? I’d like to make a necklace out of them.”
And the number one strangest dental request ever received…
“Can you give my dog braces?”The survey was conducted for the Chicago Dental Society’s 146th Midwinter Meeting, which will bring more than 30,000 dental professionals to Chicago this February. The Midwinter Meeting is a forum for dentists to learn about new products, technologies, and methods.
A tradition of working for the dental profession. The Chicago Dental Society was organized in 1864 and incorporated in 1878. The objective of the Chicago Dental Society is to encourage the improvement of the health of the public, to promote the art and science of dentistry and to represent the intrest of the members of the profession and the public that it serves.
401 North Michigan AvenueSuite 200Chicago, Illinois 60611