The Chicago Dental Society has committed $75,000 to DENT-IL-PAC in 2014. DENT-IL-PAC is the political action committee of the Illinois State Dental Society, which allows dentists to collectively contribute to the campaigns of candidates it supports. DENT-IL-PAC is non-profit and bi-partisan, with the goal of influencing the political process for the good of dentistry and patients.
A Board of Directors oversees DENT-IL-PAC’s activities; CDS member Michael Durbin is the current president.
The Board of Directors includes one director from each branch of the Chicago Dental Society, as well as representatives from each downstate component of the Illinois State Dental Society and several Illinois specialty societies.
Other local dental societies contributed a combined $25,100 to DENT-IL-PAC. Donors include:
- Southern Illinois Dental Society: $1,500
- Will County Dental Society: $1,000
- G.V. Black District Dental Society: $2,000
- Peoria District Dental Society: $2,000
- Illinois Academy of General Dentistry: $1,000
- Winnebago County Dental Society: $2,000
- Madison District Dental Society: $1,000
- Illinois Society of Pediatric Dentists: $2,000
- Fox River Valley Dental Society: $3,000
- Illinois Association of Endodontists: $3,000
- U.S. Grant Dental Society: $1,000
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons: $3,000
- Education and Development Initiative: $100
- Rock Island District Dental Society: $1,500
- McLean County Dental Society: $1,000.
The Chicago Dental Society has supported DENT-IL-PAC annually since 1998, for a total of $763,001 in donations.