If you find your patients with their noses buried in their smart phones and tablets while they wait for their appointments to begin, recommend an App to preview your oral hygiene message. Toothsavers calls on users’ competitive spirit to get kids brushing.
The Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives, a coalition of 36 leading organizations in the field of oral health, and the national Ad Council recently released the free app to encourage better oral health habits. Find Toothsavers online and in the Google Play and Apple iTunes stores
The game features:
- 10 colorful characters whose teeth kids can clean with swipes and taps.
- 10 two-minute animations to make brushing in real life fun.
- 10 colorful cartoon teeth that animate to your voice in two-player mode.
- An interactive map to chart each day and night that kids brush with Toothsavers.
- New characters unlocked by brushing two minutes, twice a day with Toothsavers.
- A parents' section to designate daily brushing times and monitor kids’ brushing progress on a calendar.
Toothsavers is the first mobile app to be entirely created by the Ad Council — a nonprofit organization that has been producing public service campaigns since 1942. It represents a big milestone in the Council’s efforts to use gaming and mobile technology to effect social change.
The Partnership for Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives shares the view that no child should be in pain and suffer broader health issues or endure the social stigma and lack of opportunity resulting from untreated dental diseases and conditions. Its primary mission is to teach parents and caregivers, as well as children themselves, to take control of their own health through oral disease prevention.
This campaign aims to motivate parents to take action to reduce their children’s risk of oral disease by making sure their kids are brushing their teeth for two minutes, twice a day.