More than 1,500 professionals registered for the Chicago Dental Society’s 3rd Virtual Reality Meeting (VRM) Wednesday, Sept. 25. CDS President David Fulton Jr., who has wholeheartedly supported the VRM since its inception, said the number of registered participants is invigorating.
“It shows that there is significant interest in the technology, whether our participants attend the event live or return at a later date to view the lectures on demand,” Dr. Fulton said.“I've always been the guy who wants to have as many tools in my house as possible. You never know what you might need or when you might need it, but if you're prepared with all the latest and greatest tools, you're guaranteed to be able to get the job done. And I am so proud that CDS has been able to include Virtual Reality Meetings in its tool belt.
“I believe that each year we are challenged by other dental societies to back up our claim that we are the leaders in scientific dental meetings. To mirror that claim, we most certainly need to have the VRM in our tool belt.”
Feedback from other attendees was similarly positive. Some of the comments shared in the Virtual Lounge and the CDS booth in the Exhibit Hall during the live event included:
- Who doesn't want one of these lasers in our practice? So cool!
- thank you for a great presentation. I wished it was longer so the clinical cases could be expanded and more of the technique shown.
- Thank you for this very convenient and comfortable style of getting quality CE. You guys are the best!
- Great time I really enjoyed all the information that was shared today. #knowledgeispower
- Great event...so full of great presentations. I'll follow you even next year!
- It is a great webinar, and am enjoying it tremendously. Thanks again!
- This is my first virtual meeting with CDS! I'm so excited! This is awesome!!! Thank you :)
Participants who watched the live courses Sept. 25 received their CE certificates via email the following day. However, recorded courses will be available for self-study credits on demand through Dec. 25; CE certificates for on-demand users will be emailed weekly.
Live event participants also collected badges and earned points for doing things like visiting the Exhibit Hall and playing our custom trivia game. Prize winners were:
- Dr. John Jimenez: Apple iPad
- Dr. Robert Bara: Kindle Fire
- Dr. Lisa Salisbury: Apple iPod
- Dr. Andrea Ruby: $75 Amazon gift card
- Dr. William Madison: $50 Amazon gift card
Congratulations to all, and watch for news about our next CE opportunity at www.cds.org.