With school back in session, dental students across the country have immersed themselves in gross anatomy, pathology and histology. While classroom and clinical experiences prepare you to be a dentist who provides quality care to patients, the American Student Dental Association supplements your learning and prepares dentists to also be successful business owners, managers and public speakers. Consider participating in ASDA’s National Leadership Conference to start developing the skills not always taught in dental school.
The National Leadership Conference is Nov. 15-17 in Chicago, with a wide variety of courses to choose from. Participants may consider following a track during their conference:
- ASDA & Organized Dentistry
- Career Planning & Business Leadership
- Advocacy, Politics & Professional Issues
- Chapter Leadership & Management
Also on site, participants may participate in:
- Group discussions about licensure and other issues affecting dentists, how to balance school and life, and strategies to market yourself as a young dentist.
- Networking opportunities with other students and leaders within organized dentistry. Use this time to swap stories, share advice and make connections with people who live where you want to practice.
- An exhibit fair with more than 70 companies showcasing products and services.
Registration continues through Oct. 1, at ASDAnet.org/NLC