The Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA) requires that all dentists and
their staff who are exposed to bloodborne pathogens attend annual
The Chicago Medical Society is offering a two-hour training course,
"Bloodborne Pathogens & Beyond," for CDS members and their
staff at the discounted rate of $99 per person. This course will
satisfy most of your yearly OSHA requirement.
After attending this course, you will be able to
- Implement a training program for healthcare employees who may
be exposed to bloodborne pathogens.
- Identify appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Develop an emergency response plan
- Create a written exposure control plan for healthcare workers
assigned as first-aid providers
- Develop a strategy to prevent the spread of pandemic flu within
The remaining workshops for the year are:
- Friday, October 1: St. Francis Hospital (Evanston) at 2:00 to
- Wednesday, October 20: Oak Lawn Hilton at 9-11:00 a.m.
- Friday, October 22, Doubletree Hotel-Oak Brook at 9-11:00
- Friday, November 5: Hilton Garden Inn-Chicago Downtown at
- Monday, November 15: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital at 2-4
- Friday, December 10: Oak Lawn Hilton Hotel at 9-11:00 a.m.
To register, visit the
Chicago Medical Society's website
or call their education
department at (312) 670-2550, ext. 338.