Join us for the 2014 Midwinter Meeting, Feb. 20-22 at Chicago's McCormick Place West. Registration is now open.
We encourage our member dentists to register early by offering a four-tiered registration fee schedule. But before you register for the Midwinter Meeting, you must pay your 2014 dues in order to register as a member. Please note that the American Dental Association will not announce its 2014 dues until Nov. 5, the last day of the ADA Annual Session. The Illinois State Dental Society will mail dues statements and post it online at www.isds.org in mid-November. Regular members who are current through 2013 may still register for the Midwinter Meeting as members on Nov. 1, as well as their staffs and associate members who have paid their 2014 dues.
Register early for all courses to guarantee a seat and save money. You can always add more courses later. The earlier you register, the more you save!
TIER 1 Registration Fees: November
- Non-dentist registration fee: $55
- ADA dentist fee: $155
- Non-ADA dentist fee: $550
- Course fees: $75 for each limited attendance clinic; other course fees vary
TIER 2 Registration Fees: December
- Non-dentist registration fee: $65
- ADA dentist fee: $165
- Non-ADA dentist fee: $650
- Course fees are the same as in Tier 1
TIER 3 Registration Fees: January
- Non-dentist registration fee: $75
- ADA dentist fee: $175
- Non-ADA dentist fee: $750
- Course fees are the same as in Tier 1
TIER 4 Registration Fees: February (includes on-site registration)
- Non-dentist registration fee: $95
- ADA dentist fee: $195
- Non-ADA dentist fee: $850
- Course fees: $90 for each limited attendance clinic
- Other course fees vary and increase on site
- Those who register online in February must pick up their badges on site. They will not be mailed.
Pay your dues before you register for the Midwinter Meeting.
- CDS Members must pay their 2014 tri-partite dues in full to register for free for the 2014 Midwinter Meeting.
- Members who have not paid their 2014 dues must register as an ADA Member (Category B).
- Free entrance to the Midwinter Meeting is a member benefit.
- Do not pay dues with your Midwinter Meeting registration.
Dues for 2014 Regular Members
As part of tri-partite membership, your CDS dues are collected by the Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS).
ISDS mails dues statements for the 2014 calendar year in November. Payment is due January 1. For your convenience, ISDS offers a six-month pre-payment plan as an alternative to lump sum billing: June-November 2013.
Pay dues online
We encourage you to take advantage of the convenience of paying your tri-partite dues online by visiting www.isds.org.
Dues for 2014 Associate Members
CDS Associate Members can pay their 2014 dues online. You need your 5-digit CDS number to access your dues payment record online. First-time visitors to our website will need to register to access members-only content. You will need to provide a unique email address and valid CDS member number to register.
You may write off your 2014 professional dues on your 2013 tax return if you pay by midnight, December 31, 2013.
Since ISDS receives a high volume of last-minute dues payments, be sure to allow at least 48 hours to ensure your dues are processed in 2013. Due to high volume, ISDS can not guarantee that credit card payments made (online or by telephone) after December 29 will be processed in the 2014 calendar year.
We want you online, not in line
- Online registration deadline: February 14
- Mailed and faxed registration deadline: January 18
Don’t risk missing the courses you want to attend!
Register online. Courses may be sold out by the time your registration arrives. Registration by mail and fax takes longer.
Bring Your staff
Illinois State Dental Society dental hygienist members will not have to pay a registration fee if they register by Nov. 30.
Registration is free to Illinois Dental Assistant Association members.
Assistants, Hygienists and Office Personnel Registration Fees
- November: $55
- December: $65
- January: $75
- February: $95
ISDS Hygienists Registration Fees
- November: $0
- December: $20
- January: $30
- February: $50
Registration for all attendees and exhibitors for the 2014 Midwinter Meeting begins November 1. CDS tripartite members in 2013 can register on this date but your 2014 membership dues must be paid to realize the full complement of benefits from the Midwinter Meeting and the Chicago Dental Society.
However, the ADA will not announce dues levels until Tuesday, November 5, the last day that the ADA House of Delegates meets.
Your 2014 ISDS dues statement will arrive via U.S. Postal service in mid-November, however online dues statements will be available at ISDS.org on November 11.
Please take the time to register your dental office team for the courses at the lowest rates available.
The CDS Foundation was so thankful when Chicago’s Chinese American Dental Association stepped up to adopt the CDS Foundation Clinic the week of Sept. 23. Its members committed to covering all patient care those five days.
And the members can be proud, as their work was tireless. In one week the volunteers posted:
- 54 volunteer hours
- 71 patients
- 27 different procedures
- $16,680 worth of donated dental services – for which the patients did not pay a dime.
Many, many thanks to Drs. Jennifer Chen, Jason Cheng, Chen Li Chin, Frenk Feng, Yi Hsiung Huang, Barbara Lin, Samuel Lin, Tony Liu and Helen Lo. They were joined in the clinic by hygienists Valentia Beresneva, Pam Bienduga and Cheryl Pierini.
If your group wants to adopt the clinic for a week, too, contact the CDS Foundation Dental Clinic at CDS.Foundation.Clinic@gmail.com or call 630.260.8530.
access to care
More than 1,500 professionals registered for the Chicago Dental Society’s 3rd Virtual Reality Meeting (VRM) Wednesday, Sept. 25. CDS President David Fulton Jr., who has wholeheartedly supported the VRM since its inception, said the number of registered participants is invigorating.
“It shows that there is significant interest in the technology, whether our participants attend the event live or return at a later date to view the lectures on demand,” Dr. Fulton said.“I've always been the guy who wants to have as many tools in my house as possible. You never know what you might need or when you might need it, but if you're prepared with all the latest and greatest tools, you're guaranteed to be able to get the job done. And I am so proud that CDS has been able to include Virtual Reality Meetings in its tool belt.
“I believe that each year we are challenged by other dental societies to back up our claim that we are the leaders in scientific dental meetings. To mirror that claim, we most certainly need to have the VRM in our tool belt.”
Feedback from other attendees was similarly positive. Some of the comments shared in the Virtual Lounge and the CDS booth in the Exhibit Hall during the live event included:
- Who doesn't want one of these lasers in our practice? So cool!
- thank you for a great presentation. I wished it was longer so the clinical cases could be expanded and more of the technique shown.
- Thank you for this very convenient and comfortable style of getting quality CE. You guys are the best!
- Great time I really enjoyed all the information that was shared today. #knowledgeispower
- Great event...so full of great presentations. I'll follow you even next year!
- It is a great webinar, and am enjoying it tremendously. Thanks again!
- This is my first virtual meeting with CDS! I'm so excited! This is awesome!!! Thank you :)
Participants who watched the live courses Sept. 25 received their CE certificates via email the following day. However, recorded courses will be available for self-study credits on demand through Dec. 25; CE certificates for on-demand users will be emailed weekly.
Live event participants also collected badges and earned points for doing things like visiting the Exhibit Hall and playing our custom trivia game. Prize winners were:
- Dr. John Jimenez: Apple iPad
- Dr. Robert Bara: Kindle Fire
- Dr. Lisa Salisbury: Apple iPod
- Dr. Andrea Ruby: $75 Amazon gift card
- Dr. William Madison: $50 Amazon gift card
Congratulations to all, and watch for news about our next CE opportunity at www.cds.org.
With school back in session, dental students across the country have immersed themselves in gross anatomy, pathology and histology. While classroom and clinical experiences prepare you to be a dentist who provides quality care to patients, the American Student Dental Association supplements your learning and prepares dentists to also be successful business owners, managers and public speakers. Consider participating in ASDA’s National Leadership Conference to start developing the skills not always taught in dental school.
The National Leadership Conference is Nov. 15-17 in Chicago, with a wide variety of courses to choose from. Participants may consider following a track during their conference:
- ASDA & Organized Dentistry
- Career Planning & Business Leadership
- Advocacy, Politics & Professional Issues
- Chapter Leadership & Management
Also on site, participants may participate in:
- Group discussions about licensure and other issues affecting dentists, how to balance school and life, and strategies to market yourself as a young dentist.
- Networking opportunities with other students and leaders within organized dentistry. Use this time to swap stories, share advice and make connections with people who live where you want to practice.
- An exhibit fair with more than 70 companies showcasing products and services.
Registration continues through Oct. 1, at ASDAnet.org/NLC